Before I begin, I just want to say that I am not affiliated with the company that sells this product, or any company that sells androsterone, and I am not getting paid for making this review. I just want to point out how this supplement helped me and to help others making decisions on what supplements might be beneficial for them and if this supplement might help them with similar issues.
Androsterone is a pro-hormone and pheromone naturally occurring in the body. It is a weak androgen with a potency that is approximate 1/7th that of testosterone, but the cool thing about androsterone is, that it is synthesized into DHT via a backdoor pathway. Androsterone is converted into DHT from 3α-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, bypassing conventional intermediates such as androstenedione and testosterone, and as such, can be considered to be a metabolic intermediate in its own right.
Androsterone has been extensively studied in the early and middle 20th century and has numerous health benefits, not just because of its conversion into DHT. Currently, androsterone is mostly forgotten and is mainly known in the bodybuilding community.
Here are a few of androsterone’s benefits:
- anti-tumor (1)
- anti-proliferative (2)
- sedative, anti-depressant, pro-GABA (3, 4)
- very potent anti-aromatase, even stronger than DHT itself (5). 2-3mg is enough to suppress aromatase by 90% (6). It’s almost as strong as Aromasin (exemestane) and they have very similar structures.
- anti-convulsant (7)
- thyroid mimetic, and therefore boosts metabolism by increasing basal temperature, oxygen consumption and lowers lipid levels in humans (8)
- increases insulin sensitivity (9)
- anti-adrenaline, anti-cortisol (GABA inhibits cortisol), pro-dopamine and anti-prolactin (10)
- activates FXR, which increase bile release plus a whole lot of other actions (11)
- Increases BDNF and is brain protective (12)
- vasorelaxant (13)
I fine-tuned my dosage at 4mg per day. 2 drops per day is pretty mild, but still enough to feel the effect and 5 drops being to stimulating and taking my body temperature rather high. I put 1 drop (1mg) on each nipple, and then the remaining 2 drops elsewhere on my body, for e.g. my upper chest, lower abs, shoulders, etc. I also take it earlier in the day as taking it too close to bedtime will keep me awake.
Here is what I noticed after just 2 weeks of consistent usage.
- Increase in assertiveness (such as not tolerating inconvenient stuff), but also easier agitated.
- Increase in energy, alertness, mental clarity and focus (definitely kept me awake when I took it a couple of times before bed)
- Poofy nipples are a thing of the past, even when I’m getting hot, or when they are completely relaxed
- Clearer vision and fewer eye floaters (sign of lower cortisol)
- A slight increase in vascularity and muscle tone after a few days and my muscles do feel fuller and harder. (lower estrogen and cortisol)
- A noticeable increase in strength
- Definitely helping me to maintain/increase strength and size while cutting
- Stress reaction when I don’t take it with enough food, as it speeds up metabolism and needs an increase in glucose
- Increase in temperate (5 drops made me get uncomfortably hot)
- Definite increase in beard growth speed and density
- More chest hair growth (more like a side effect in my opinion though haha)
- Faster nail growth (sign of faster metabolism)
- Increase in libido
I will definitely be buying this supplement again and feel it was great value for money. I have used only androsterone during this period and no other supplements and I have not dramatically changed my diet, so I know the benefits came from this supplement.
You can get the androsterone that I used here:
- Androsterone – 1mg per drop, 240 drops